Victims of Crime

If you are not a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident but have been the victim of a crime or abuse in the U.S., you may be eligible for a U visa, T visa, or for protection under the Violence Against Women Act (which covers victims of domestic violence regardless of gender).

These protections were set up by Congress to help ensure that foreign nationals in the U.S. did not have to remain in abusive relationships for the sake of “getting their papers” and to protect victims of serious crimes who were willing to work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute the perpetrators of the crime. People who have been the victim of serious crime, domestic abuse, or abuse at work, including wage theft, may be eligible for these sorts of protections. These benefits are huge for foreign nationals who lack legal status and can lead to work permits and sometimes green cards in the United States. Schedule a consultation with us today to find out if you may be eligible for these applications.